The revised National Ethical Standards
We are proud to launch the new Ethical Standards for Health and Disability Research and Quality Improvement.
Early in 2020, the Ministry of Health Ethics team and NEAC hosted training days for researchers and users of the revised Standards in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin. Training covered many new and important changes from the previous ethical Guidelines – topics included:
- scope of the Standards
- research involving Māori
- research involving Pacific people
- vulnerable participants
- ethical research design and conduct
- health data (storage, linking, AI)
- human tissue
- stem cell and genetics research
- study insurance and ACC
- quality improvement activities.