Review of NEAC’s Ethical Guidelines for Research and Related Activities
NEAC is undertaking a comprehensive review of its Ethical Guidelines for Observational Studies and Ethical Guidelines for Intervention Studies.
The objectives of the review are to ensure the guidelines are fit for purpose and consistent with other relevant guidance. The guidelines will also be updated to address ethical issues associated with developments in research methods and emerging topics.
It is proposed that the new guidelines will:
- combine the observational and intervention guidelines into one document
- set out more clearly each of the ethical standards
- incorporate and discuss Māori ethical concepts and their application
- emphasise that all research activities – including audits, quality assurance activities and innovative practice – need to be conducted ethically
- be published and formatted primarily for use as an electronic document
- discuss sources of vulnerability rather than vulnerable groups.
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org